This Weekends Adventures in Parenting

Well we blew our goal of an Emergency Room free 2011 this weekend, when Saturday night Abe woke up crying, coughing and wheezing badly.  So off to the emergency room where it was determined to be Croup cough, which they tried to treat with steroids and a nebulizer.  This picture was taken around 9:30 PM.


Unfortunately the first treatment didn’t really clear him up, and once they had to administer a second treatment they decided to admit.  While at the time it was hard to argue with that, the second treatment did the trick, and this is what he looked like at 1:00 in the morning.


By this time of course we had been admitted, and finally about 3:00 in the morning we finally got upstairs to a room and got a few hours of sleep.

Sunday afternoon they finally decided they had observed him long enough and we could go home, here he is very happy to be rid of all the tubes and wires and ready to go home.


I wish I had video taped his arrival at home and reunion with his twin brother Jack, they are so rarely apart from each other and they obviously really missed each other.

We are of course lucky to have Grandparents who drop everything an help us out, whenever we write a new chapter in our Adventures in Parenting book. 

After a very early night for everyone in the house last night as we were all exhausted he work up just fine this morning and ready for a normal day of causing chaos and mayhem. 

Hopefully we won’t be seeing the emergency room again anytime soon.

4 Responses to This Weekends Adventures in Parenting
  1. Julian Woodward
    April 11, 2011 | 11:06 am

    Glad it all turned out okay.

  2. Carl
    April 11, 2011 | 8:31 pm

    Glad to hear the little guy is ok.

  3. luis benitez
    April 11, 2011 | 11:22 pm

    Oh man.. I can identify with you . Glad he’s ok, sorry you had to go through that ! 🙁

  4. Nikhil
    April 13, 2011 | 8:43 am

    I sure can understand what you’ve been through uptill 2010, during the begining of summer and winter Aryan had this same problem, but we were luck to have been his chest congestion cleared with nebulizer.

    Glad he is back home fit and fine…..