You Are Here: Home » IC13
Last week at IBM Connect Chris Whisonant and I presented a Show and Tell Session on IBM Notes Traveler High Availability. One of the attendees at the session was a developer from the Traveler team. I had worked with Smith (actually his first name not an alias) many times before during Traveler Betas, and on a couple of PMR, but met him for the first time at a Birds of Feather session on Traveler that morning.
While I was confident in my knowledge on the subject, a couple of times while presenting it occurred to me “would the developers agree with that?”. At the end of the session Smith has only one complaint, which I promised I would clarify when I got back home, and it was about this slide.
Most people believe that when the Closing General Session ends Lotusphere is over. Lotusphere isn’t over though until the official closing ceremony much later on that night.
It is not easy leaving ones #happyplace
1. The batteries on Mat Newman occasionally need recharging
2. They label these things for a reason – double check the sign before entering
4. The only thing better than Minions is Dancing Minions (The person working the gift shop laughed a lot while we were visiting)
5. The Wifi was worthless this year, thank goodness for 4G (and unlimited data plans)
6. I love Roller Coasters but I skipped the Rocket at Universal which was probably a good idea
7. Thank you Plantronics for one of the more useful vendor giveaway items
9. The no football on Sunday works out nicely, looks like a repeat of the same again next year
10. The badge holders were good for the first time in a few years, no more Velcro closures
11. 7 Days in Florida and Google Now wanted me to head to the airport the entire time
14.Geeks, Props, and Cameras…. need I say more
15. Sleep – quality not quantity , Fibit ‘Sleep Efficiency’ average of 97% for the week
16. 7 AM BOFs are early and hard to get to, but if you make it they prove to be quite productive sessions
17. Time moves way to fast at IBM Connect the days and the week just flew by
18. I didn’t use these, but they were a great idea and looked like they got quite a bit of use
19. Nine years at Lotusphere and Countless visits to Kimonos and I finally got up on stage at Kimonos this year (in unrelated news, there was some awful Karaoke this year)
20. IBM Connect 2013 was memorable for many reasons, but this is what will stand out most in my mind
Sorry if I missed you, here is this years Wisp Set
During the Closing General Session of IBM Connect 2013 John Hodgman lists off future names for the ‘conference formerly known as Lotusphere’. Unfortunately I missed the first few seconds of this bit.
Seven Days, 426 Tweets, 1620 pictures and videos, and very few hours of sleep, I am headed home from IBM Connect 2013.
As I have in past years I always like writing down a few thoughts and thank yous on my way home.
Thank you to my wife Elisa, every year I spend a week in the warmer climate of Florida, while Elisa stays home and takes care of the kids. This year I was thrilled that Elisa was able to join me in Orlando for a couple of days, and meet so many of the people that makes Lotusphere so special.
Thanks to my in-laws who watched our kids for the weekend so that Elisa was able to spend a couple of days with me.
Thanks to the community for giving Elisa such a warm welcome, and making it a fun filled weekend.
Thanks to my employer who continues to see the value in sending me to Lotusphere each year.
Thank you to Ed Brill for everything you have done for me over the years, best of luck in your new position.
Thanks to all the track managers who work hard to deliver tracks full of great sessions, especially the Show and Tell track for accepting my session. Thanks to Chris Whisonant for putting up with me as a co-presenter (really I am not
I am sure I am forgetting someone rest assured it is not on purpose just not being able to think being up for almost 24 hours now.
A full recap of my week will come in the next week, but I can say I arrived in Orlando a week ago wondering what IBM Connect would be like, would it be Lotusphere with a different name or would it be a different conference? Happily I leave knowing that for the most part it is still Lotusphere with a few new twists and I look forward to being back again next year, for now I just can’t wait to get home and see my family.
Thanks for joining me for live coverage of Ask the Product Managers at IBM Connect 2013 feel free to comment or ask questions will do my best to answer.
Slides from the session Chris Whisonant and I presented on Installing, Configuring, and Migrating to Traveler High Avaialbility.
Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Copyright © 2015 CuriousMitch